Campsite now open !!!!
We are a tent and VW sized campervans / motorhomes only campsite on two fields totaling around 2.5 acres so there is plenty of room. Unfortunately our license doesn’t include caravan’s and large motorhomes (over 6m).
We provide a relaxed and friendly camping experience for those wishing to explore the historical and beautiful surroundings, and can guarantee you will never be short of things to do or things to see whatever the weather!
Please note we are a very quiet campsite and we don’t accept large groups or campers who wish to party all night! Please do not book if this does not suit you. If you would like to camp with one other family or friends please let us know when booking.
Our facilities include 4 showers, and 4 toilets and a washing up area. We also now have a small communal fridge / freezer and microwave, and two mobile phone charging points, all free to use for our guests. The freezer is only for Freezer Blocks and the fridge is for a few essentials, it is not instead of a cool box! We also have 8 electric hook ups.
Although we are no longer a pub there is a pub which is a 10 minute walk, and Rye is only 5 minutes drive with fantastic restaurants and take aways. There is also a footpath over the fields to Rye which is about a 45 minutes walk.
Fire braziers are available for hire (subject to availability). Wood and kindling is available to buy on site.
See following link for our full list of site facilities and site rules: Site Information
We look forward to welcoming you to the Hare & Hounds campsite!
Prices for 2019
- Pitches are £22 per night, this includes up to 2 adults
- Infant (0 – 2 years old)- £0
- Child (3 – 16 years old)- £2 per night
- Adult- £4 per night
- Dog – £1 per night
- Electric Hook Up (8 pitches available) – £5 per night
- Firebasket – £10 (includes starter pack of kindling, bag of logs, fire lighters & matches). NB not suitable for cooking, apart from marshmallows, no grill provided
- Bag of fire wood – £5
- Kindling – £1
- At peak times there is a 2 night minimum stay at weekends, and 3 nights minimum stay over Bank Holidays, depending on how busy we are.
Contact Us about Camping
Please use the email form below to contact us about camping at The Hare and Hounds (if you do not receive a reply in 24hrs please text or ring us as there may have been a problem with the email)