*** Covid – 19 Update – We hope to open on 4th July (subject to Government updates). We will be taking provisional bookings from this date so please get in touch if you would like to book. Full guidance of social distancing and safety measures will follow but here are the provisional things we will be putting in place:
- Strictly no group bookings will be taken at this time.
- Our pitches are already well spaced out with plenty of space.
- Communal facilities eg Fridge, Freezer, Microwave will be unavailable.
- Payments in advance where possible.
- 2 new toilets currently under construction.
- Hand sanitizer at strategic points and anti bacterial soap in toilets.
- Enhanced cleaning using anti bacterial sprays.
- Washing up will be encouraged at the pitches, buckets available.
We are a tent and VW sized campervans / motorhomes only campsite on two fields totaling around 2.5 acres so there is plenty of room, including 12 electric hookup pitches. Unfortunately our license doesn’t include caravan’s and or motorhomes over 6m.
We provide a relaxed and friendly camping experience for those wishing to explore the local historical and beautiful surroundings, and you will never be short of things to do or things to see whatever the weather!
Please note we are a very quiet campsite and we don’t accept large groups or campers who wish to party all night! Please do not book if this does not suit you. If you would like to camp with one other family or friends please let us know when booking.
Our facilities include 4 showers, and 4 toilets and a washing up area. We also now have a small communal fridge / freezer and microwave, and two mobile phone charging points, all free to use for our guests. The freezer is only for Freezer Blocks and the fridge is for a few essentials, it is not instead of a cool box! We also have 12 electric hook ups.
Although we are no longer a pub there is a pub which is a 12 minute walk, and Rye is only 5 minutes drive with fantastic restaurants and take aways. There is also a footpath over the fields to Rye which is about a 45 minutes walk.
Please note – we do not have WiFi access available on this site.
Fire braziers are available for hire (subject to availability). Wood and kindling is available to buy on site. PLEASE NOTE IF YOU HAVE YOUR OWN FIRE BASKET / BBQ THE BASE OF IT HAS TO BE AT LEAST 20cm OFF THE GROUND. FIRE BOWLS ARE NOT PERMITTED. PLEASE ASK US IF YOU ARE NOT SURE. Trying to save our grass, thanks.
See following link for our full list of site facilities and site rules: Site Information
We look forward to welcoming you to the Hare & Hounds campsite!
Prices for 2020
- All pitches will incur an additional £2 a night for extra Covid 19 precautions and additional cleaning measures.
- Pitches are £22 per night, this includes up to 2 adults
- Infant (0 – 2 years old)- £0
- Child (3 – 16 years old)- £2 per night
- Adult- £4 per night
- Dog – £1 per night
- Electric Hook Up (12 pitches available) – £5 per night
- Firebasket – £10 (includes starter pack of kindling, bag of logs, fire lighters & matches). NB not suitable for cooking, apart from marshmallows, no grill provided
- Bag of fire wood – £5
- Kindling and 2 firelighters – £1
- At peak times there is a 2 night minimum stay at weekends, and 3 nights minimum stay over Bank Holidays, depending on how busy we are.
Campsite Cancellation Policy
50% refund if cancelled 28 days before arrival
25% refund if cancelled 14 days before arrival
No refund available if cancelled less than 14 days before arrival
All refunds will also incur an additional admin charge of £5.
If you wish to cancel please email me the request and the refund will be processed within 7 working days. The Hare & Hounds are not liable for refunds in the event we are prevented from fulling the booking as a result of circumstances beyond our control (Force Majeure) such as war, terrorism, epidemics and health risks. We recommend you have adequate travel insurance in place to cover this.
Contact Us about Camping
Please use the email form below to contact us about camping at The Hare and Hounds (if you do not receive a reply in 24hrs please text or ring us as there may have been a problem with the email)